Dental bleaching - all systems
How much does it cost teeth whitening?
The average price is US$300 for the semi homemade system: buy the custom trays and gel at the clinic and do the whitening at home. Without a doubt the most balanced method, in terms of price and efficiency. With confirmed results, it is the ideal dental whitening. Learn why.
Dental bleaching at home or the clinic?
Comparison of different systems (including prices)
Photo with custom trays and bleaching gel syringe
. The laser bleaching - It is a procedure performed in the dental clinic with the laser and a bleaching gel. The translucent gel is applied to the teeth, and the light from a laser is used to activate the crystals contained in the gel. By absorbing the energy of light as they penetrate the tooth enamel, they increase its whitening effect. The duration of the treatment depends on the degree of discoloration.
The advantage is in speed. Ordinarily, one visit to the clinic is all you need to get a brighter smile.
The downside represents the sudden and drastic change in the color of the teeth, immediately noticed by all familiar people. This is the most expensive method of all but also the fastest. The laser bleaching of the two maxillary arches costs an average of US$600 Note that there is often a great increase of teeth sensitivity for a day or two. Prevent yourself with some pain medication.
. The clinic bleaching with custom trays - Whitening teeth in dental office sessions with custom trays, produces good results in the shortest possible time, only surpassed by laser bleaching. It has the sole disadvantage of being more expensive than other alternatives described below.
. Bleaching at home after acquiring everything you need at the clinic - This method is equally effective, although the anticipated results take longer to reach. The trays will have to be used a few hours a day (it can be at night). Depending on the strength of the gel, the results take from 3 days to 2 weeks, to be fully achieved.
# Recommended dental whitening system #
The gel and the custom trays can be purchased from your dentist. The difference between this method and the former, is that the dentist's gel is more concentrated and should be used under surveillance.
On some Trademark GO system, do not waste your money. At a moderately higher cost, choose custom trays and 10% gel concentration. You get faster and better results for almost the same price. The Universal 6% GO system can carry out a relevant role as a maintenance bleaching.
. Home bleaching strips - The whitening strips are on sale in any pharmacy. They are relatively inexpensive, straightforward to use, and most work satisfactorily. Its employment and its result extend over a more extended period than the alternatives mentioned above. In addition there is some disparity between the products available in the market. Tests prove significant differences between the strips that can be purchased. You may want to carry out some other research if you want to try out this system.
. Whitening Toothpaste - These whitening toothpastes contain soft abrasives that help remove stains from teeth. Some also add polishing agents and special chemicals. However, toothpastes, whitening or not, are ineffective.
. Whitening dental pen - This type of product is the target of very aggressive advertising campaigns. It involves chain sales schemes through the internet, where pretending patients say results wonders. However, it has no effectiveness. The only magic it produces is to make money disappear from people's wallets.
. Other whitening products - New whitening products come every day. They include chewing gums, dental tapes and liquids for mouthwash. These products are relatively recent to the market, so there are not enough studies to prove or disprove their effectiveness.
Whitening your teeth, how does it work?
Teeth whitening have become so popular that it seems to be done by everyone. If you want to maintain a radiant white smile, bleaching or tooth whitening may be the solution you are looking for.
Not merely is tooth whitening effective, it can drastically change your smile and improve self-esteem, it's authentic.
The peroxide compound in whitening products is responsible for making your teeth whiter and brighter.
Only prolonged exposure to hydrogen peroxide will produce effects. That is why many methods that promise white teeth, fail at the goal. Some considerations should be brought into mind:
- Teeth stains and tartar deposits need to be removed by the dentist or hygienist prior to the application of any product.
- Previous restorations like inlays or onlays, white fillings and Porcelain veneers are not subject to bleaching. They need to be redone in the hue closest to the one that will be obtained after treatment.
- Inner tooth stains, congenital or derived from root canal treatments call for a alternative approach and may not be satisfactorily resolved. They require another type of individual bleaching done in the clinic.
- Natural teeth of brownish or gray color are more delicate to achieve the desired white. Typically, yellowed teeth obtain better results.
- Expectant or lactating mothers should decline this treatment because there are not enough studies on their effects during these periods.
- People with hypersensitive teeth should also avoid bleaching because this process increases the level of discomfort they already experience.
- Only the teeth become whiter. Whitening products do not affect dental crowns, dental bridges, composite restorations or dental prostheses. Keep this in mind, so you do not end up in a situation with lighter teeth and dark restorations.
- Bleaching is not unrecommended for minors.
- A tooth darkened by necrosis (nerve death) needs to be treated from the inside to make it lighter, in addition to exterior bleaching.
- There are no homemade tricks to whiten your teeth. That is to attract visitors to sites or sell products without great effectiveness, nothing more.
It is crucial to have realistic expectations. It may require several treatments to achieve a whiter smile. The result of bleaching may not be permanent because the teeth are subject to sources of color contamination like food, beverages and smoke. Also the results vary from person to person.
Perfect White Teeth
Not always a perfect 'hollywood white' smile is obtained with the a tooth whitening system but rather with the placement of porcelain veneers. In fact this procedure is primarily intended to correct minor defects in the shape and surface of the teeth. However, it can in addition be used to get whiter teeth.
How long does a dental whitening last?
The duration of a whitening treatment depends on proper dental hygiene. For example, tooth brushing after consumption of food or beverages with potential for pigmentation of teeth. The results typically remain for one/two years. It absolutely depends on your care. Of course the teeth will undergo some pigmentation over time. For optimum maintenance, in addition to the indicated care, you can rehearse the bleaching procedure every two/three years.
All porcelain crown
PFM dental bridge
Dental implant price
Prosthesis over implants
Worst denture types
Acrylic resin partial denture
Which denture is best?
Making a denture, step by step
Silicone dentures - cost
Removable partial denture (clasps)
How to fix a denture
Dental fees - JP
Dental fees - SG
Denture costs - AU
Denture costs - NZ
Dentist prices - CA
Denture costs - CH
Dental prosthesis prices - UK
Dental fees - USA